CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Perfect Gift For Any Teacher



I actually made this before the lamp, but just came across the picture again.  I made this for one of my co-teachers.  I printed off a letter 'B' off my computer to use as a guide.  The picture frame fits an 8x10 inch picture.  I removed the glass and took the cardboard that comes in the picture frame and covered it with black fabric.  To make the crayons easier to cut, I put them in the freezer for about 3 hours.  I think an hour would have been sufficient though.  I used a butter knife to cut them, however, I think a sharper knife would've been better (I couldn't find one at the time and I wasn't patient enough to go on a scavenger hunt in my kitchen looking for one!).  After cutting my crayons, I arranged the crayons on top of the printed 'B' to get an idea of how to place them on the frame.  I then used my hot glue gun to glue the crayons to the fabric.  The zebra print around the outside is scrapbook paper.  I also used ribbon to decorate the outside of the frame.  To finish off my project, I used stamps on white paper to spell out  B is for Mrs. Bigrigg.  This craft is super easy and super cute for any teacher!  


My good friend, Courtney, made me one for Christmas! Check it out.






No comments:

Post a Comment