CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Google +

If you aren't familiar with Google Docs, Google +, or anything else Google for that matter, you need to get familiar with it.  I've jokingly been saying that Google is taking over the world, but I'm seriously beginning to believe it.  I have the awesome opportunity to work with staff who are on the forefront of technology and I LOVE it!  Every day I'm learning something new from either my principal, other teachers, or co-workers.

I've been using Google Docs for some time and it has made my life so much easier.  I'll go into detail about all the awesome features of Google Docs in a future post.  Tonight, I was introduced to Google + Hangouts.  Talk about amazing....

Hangouts is a platform combining video chat, chat, and live viewing options.  You can video chat while sharing documents live with other hangout members.  Also, you can have multiple people chatting simultaneously.  Tonight, my principal, Joel, and one of my co-teachers, Christie, and I "Hung out" trying to figure out all the features of this nifty little tool.  We were all 3 able to video chat with each other while sharing and viewing docs and screenshots.  Oh, and the video camera option can be switched off if you don't want other group members to see you!  We don't have it all figured out yet, but I see it being an awesome tool to use in the classroom with both students and co-workers.


I'll share more details about Google Docs, Google +, and Hangouts in future posts, but I just wanted to share a little bit about these amazing things.  With Google, the possibilities are endless!




No comments:

Post a Comment