CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ahhh...They've learned SOMETHING!

I am all about grammar.  My friends and students probably get annoyed with me because I am constantly correcting grammar.  I always get excited when I see a student, or adult for that matter, use an apostrophe correctly.  Let's face it, I'm a grammar geek.  Yesterday I was walking down the hallway at the junior high and this sign caught my eye....


Someone had covered a student's locker with signs for her birthday.  Unfortunately, the sign maker didn't use the correct you're.  It's a very common...and annoying....error that many people make.  Luckily, someone saved the day and added the necessary 'e to the end of the word.  This made my day.  I'm just hoping it was another student who corrected it and not a teacher :)



No comments:

Post a Comment